Where In Junction To Watch Post-Season College Basketball
With the men's college basketball regular season winding down, it's time to start thinking...(it's another one of those trademark phrases) conference and national tournament action! So where in Junction is the best place to watch that third month of the year insanity?
Tournament time is different than any other sporting event. It takes up the entire month of March and those opening rounds on March 16th and 17th are all day affairs. With this year's Friday opening round action falling on St Patrick's Day, it's pretty obvious not much work's going to get done that Friday. So where are you going to be watching? This Top 5 list is in no particular order. Just some of the feedback I got asking a few locals.
5) Thunderstruck Valley- I admit they weren't top of mind when I started working on my list but after hearing the argument it seemed wrong to leave them off. They have that signature "Thunder Mary" (a drink and meal all in one) plus plenty of room to hang, and some top notch food, plus that beautiful patio along Main Street, it sounds right to me.
4) Cruisers- Known as "Grand Junction's favorite bar" it has to be included. They've got those 6 big screen TVs, pool, foosball, and cool patio, Cruisers is always a good time. Great happy hours and drink specials and don't forget about their world famous "Shifty" shots.
3) Ale House- If your basketball watching requires beer, this is your place. The Ale House is owned by Colorado legends Breckenridge Brewery and Wynkoop Brewing Company, the guys who pretty much started this whole craft beer thing. So again, if it's beer & basketball, it's The Ale House. Oh, they have pretty darn good food too.
2) Buffalo Wild Wings- It's difficult to have a "sports watching list" list and not include Buffalo Wind Wings. All you need to know is "Wings, Beer, Sports." Why do those three things matter so much? Because that’s what basketball fans want, and that’s what they're all about.
1) Boston's- If you’re looking for a place to watch the tournament with friends, this is a pretty good place to do it. Whether you’re cheering on your team in their sports bar, catching up in their dining room, or just chilling out on the patio, they've got the place to do it and some great food to go with it.
So what are your thoughts? Who did I leave off? Where will you be during the trademarked 3rd-month of the years' insanity, better know as...well you know.