Ways to Stay Safe in Grand Junction for Super Bowl Weekend
Broncos are going to the Superbowl. This calls for celebration, food, and for some, alcohol, but let's make sure we're all safe this weekend.
Here are some ways to make sure we keep Grand Junction and the roadways safe.
- If you see someone who appears impaired while driving, call *277 (CSP). There will be extra troopers out, so they will be able to respond quickly.
- Designated Driver Service. They provide a Safe, Sober Driver for your Car, Truck, or SUV. (970)261-7703 or (970)434-9197
- Uber. Grand Junction now has several Uber Drivers. It's an easy to use app that automatically enters your location for the driver to come pick you up.
- Follow CSP (Colorado State Patrol) on Twitter. Follow CSP_Fruita. They will be posting updates and things to watch out for.
- Taxi services. There will be many out on Sunday. Sunshine Taxi 970-245-8294. K2 Taxi 970-242-4652
- Designate a driver. If everyone wants to drink, make sure to give some special treatment to the friend who chooses not to drink for all of your safety.
I, Riley, had the officer arrest me. I didn't do a great job at acting upset or making it look bad, but this video is a short demonstration of what it's like to get arrested. This doesn't include the jail time, court time, paperwork, uncomfortable ride in the cop car, and other problems that come after getting arrested. Stay safe out there.