Two People Arrested in Grand Junction For Kidnapping + Extortion
Two people have been arrested on kidnapping and extortion charges here in Grand Junction. Both men are facing five felonies and one misdemeanor.
Yesterday afternoon (Wednesday, July 17) the Mesa County Sheriff's Office responded to a kidnapping report. The 18-year-old who was kidnapped showed up at a friend's house and said he was being held at gunpoint.
He told his friend two people were waiting in the car outside and were making him steal something inside his house on the 2800 block of Orchard Avenue, according to the Mesa County Sheriff's Office Facebook.
Whatever the two people wanted him to steal, wasn't there. After he left, his friend called 911. After the deputies tracked them down, the two people, Seth Carter and Thomas Barnes, were both arrested and the person they kidnapped was set free.
Both Seth Carter and Thomas Barnes are facing these charges according to the Mesa County Sheriff's Office Facebook:
- Class 2 Felony - Second Degree Kidnapping
- Class 3 Felony - Aggravated Robbery
- Class 4 Felony - Criminal Extortion
- Class 5 Felony - Felony Menacing
- Class 5 Felony - 1st Degree Criminal Trespass of Auto
- Class 2 Misdemeanor - Theft from a Motor Vehicle