This Used to Be Cool in Grand Junction Colorado but Now it’s Not
I asked on Facebook, "What was cool when you were young, but isn't cool now?" Here's what you had to say.
'Cool' Things We Used To Do In Grand Junction Colorado
Here's a shortlist of "cool" things we used to do in Grand Junction, Colorado. Most can no longer be done, primarily because the location no longer exists:
- Skating to "YMCA" by the Village People at Rainbow Roller Rink
- Hanging out all day at Aladdin's Castle at the Mesa Mall
- Playing Dungeons & Dragons at AirTime on North Avenue
- Ride the "Wild Mouse" at Guyton's Fun Junction
- Sneak your own candy and drinks into the Chief or Rocket drive-ins
Those businesses are all long gone. In most cases, the buildings still stand, but the business moved on decades ago.
Being Cool in Grand Junction Colorado
Let me remind you, in 1975 it was "cool" to wear brown corduroy pants and an orange shirt with a collar bigger than the wingspan of a DC-9, topped off with a brown vest and a pair of blue Wings tennis shoes.