Colorado Mesa Celebrates Spring Homecoming With Live Events
April is officially Mav month in Grand Junction and Colorado Mesa is celebrating with an exciting spring homecoming.
The Grand Junction community will be coming together April 5-11 for a weeklong celebration including concerts, sporting events, special performances, a homecoming parade, and a bonfire. We missed out on so much last year.
It truly doesn't matter if you aren't a CMU student or alumni. This is a week to get out and enjoy some live events, cheer on the home team, and support our local university. Some of the events are free while others will require a ticket for attendance.
PARADE AND BONFIRE
One event that everyone should plan to attend is the Homecoming Parade at 10am on Saturday, April 10 in downtown Grand Junction. What a great way to come together as a community and to also support the Mavs. Saturday night should be a fun time as well with the Homecoming Bonfire at Alumni Field at 8pm.
SPECIAL LIVE PERFORMANCES
A number of special performances have been scheduled throughout the week.
- April 3: Kristen Yun, Cello - MPAC Love Recital Hall, 4pm (Tickets required)
- April 3: Ho'olokahi Lu'au - Meyer Ball Room, 4pm and 7:30pm (Tickets required)
- April 7: Rowdy Brass Band Concert - Academic Quad, 6pm (Tickets required)
- April 8: Percussion Ensemble Concert - MPAC Recital Hall, 7:30pm (Tickets required)
- April 8: Miss Holmes - MPAC Robinson Theatre, 7:30pm (Tickets required)
- April 9: CMU Music Opera Performace- Location TBD, 4:30pm (Tickets required)
- Apri 10: Miss Holmes - MPAC Robinson Theatre, 2pm & 7:30pm, Tickets required)
Sports fans will have plenty of opportunities to cheer on the Mavericks throughout the week in various sports.
- April 8: Women's Soccer vs MSU Denver - Maverick Field, 2pm (Tickets required)
- April 8: Men's Soccer vs MSU Denver - Maverick Field, 4:30pm (Tickets required)
- April 9: Women's Lacrosse vs Regis - Maverick Field, 5pm (Tickets required)
- April 9: Baseball vs MSU - Suplizio Field, 6:05pm, Homecoming Game with Fireworks following (Tickets required)
- April 9: Stampede Rodeo - Mesa County Fairgrounds, 7pm
- April 10: Football Scrimmage- Stocker Stadium, 12pm
- April 10: Baseball vs MSU - Suplizio Field 1pm & 4pm (Tickets required)
- April 10: Stampede Rodeo - Mesa County Fairgrounds, 6pm
- April 11: Baseball vs MSU - Suplizio Field, 12pm (Tickets required)
- April 11: Women's Lacross vs UCCS - Maverick Field, 1pm (Tickets required)
There are more events planned and you can get all the details on the CMU Homecoming website. Obviously, you can't attend everything, but, hopefully, you can find some time to get together with friends and take in some of these special homecoming events. If you are wondering about COVID protocols, you can find that information on their website as well.