Colorado Ranked 4th Best State for Working from Home
With COVID-19 turning home into the workplace for many nations, the personal-finance website WalletHub Monday released its report on the Best States for Working from Home in order to highlight which areas are thriving and which are struggling in this pandemic economy.
To identify which states are most conducive to working from home, WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 12 key metrics, including how many workers were telecommuting before the pandemic, the cost of internet in a given state, and which state has the best cybersecurity. They also considered factors that might influence how well one might be able to focus at home, such as how large and how crowded homes are in any given state. Together, these metrics show how feasible working from home is in terms of cost, comfort, and safety.
Working from Home in Colorado (1=Best, 25=Avg.):
- 1st – Share of Population Working from Home (pre-COVID-19)
- 15th – Households' Internet Access
- 25th – Average Retail Price of Electricity
- 16th – Access to Low-priced Internet Plan
- 5th – Median Square Footage per Average Number of Persons in a Household