Colorado Groom Bitten By A Rattlesnake
A Colorado man may have instantly regretted getting wedding photos taken earlier this month. It's not that he didn't love his new bride, it's that he didn't love being bitten in the process.
Johnny and Laura Benson were on a trail with their photographer at Horsetooth Reservoir in Ft. Collins taking wedding photos when Johnny was bitten on the leg by a rattlesnake. Horsetooth and the surrounding areas have had quite a little snake problem on their hands, especially this year.
After Mr. Benson was bitten, Maddie Mae their wedding photographer, spotted a ranger and attempted to wave him down. Seeing the couple in wedding clothes, he waved back and yelled "CONGRATULATIONS!" Fortunately, the ranger did eventually realize that Johnny was in actual trouble. At that point, he acted quickly and called an ambulance to take Johnny to the hospital.
Much to everyone's relief, the rattlesnake had not released venom when it bit Mr. Benson. So, the stop at the ER was brief. An exam and a couple shots later (medical, that is) the newlyweds attended their reception.
Talk about an event to remember. Be careful out there, you love birds!