Big Deal For Tech Fans
It doesn't matter your level of tech understanding. Novice or expert, you’ll find something cool at the Mesa County Libraries Tech Expo!
My level of "techy" is limited at best. Perhaps you're like me and have a son that's all into it, bring him, or her, to The Mesa County Library for an afternoon of super-cool technology.
The Mesa County Libraries Tech Expo is 4-7 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 24, 2017, at the Central Library, 443 N. 6th St, Grand Junction.
The Expo features demonstrations of robots, digital cameras, and live-streaming from the 970 West Studio. You’ll hang with local tech-related organizations, learn about ebooks, online magazines, Lynda, Minecraft, and other virtual resources available through Mesa County Libraries.
The Tech Expo is open to the public at no charge.
Here are just a few of the tech demonstrations you’ll find at the Tech Expo:
● GJMakerspace will demonstrate a 3D printer, as well as Raspberry Pi and Arduino programmable computer/robotics devices.
● High Fives Robotics and Grit Robotics, local teams that are standouts in state and national robotics competitions, will demonstrate their devices.
● Hands-on demonstrations of Canon T5i and GoPro digital camera kits available for checkout through Mesa County Libraries.
● A “petting zoo” of ereaders and tech gadgets available to try through Mesa County Libraries, as well as backpacks and state parks passes available for checkout from the library through a partnership with Colorado Parks and Wildlife.
● Tech Table assistance with cellphones, ereaders, and other devices.
● For kids, the Tech Expo will offer Minecraft and Cubelet activities.
So no matter if it's you, your son or daughter, niece, or nephew, bring all the tech fans in your family out for this very special event. Did I mention it's FREE!