Five Reasons Why You Should Ride in the ‘Worst Day of the Year Bike Ride’ [LIST]
The annual "Journey Home on the Worst Day of the Year" bike ride is coming up this Sunday, and this is an event you dare not miss. Why? Well, here's why.
5. You can be a part of the "unofficial start" of the cycling season.
4. You get to dress up in crazy costumes, clothing even weirder than the stuff cyclists normally wear, and nobody will laugh. Okay, so we can't promise that people won't laugh, but it's okay if they do. They are laughing with you.
3. It's your chance to meet your fellow cyclists and the crews from your favorite local bike shops.
2. It's a great family event, with tons of prizes to be won.
1. It all benefits Homeward Bound, the only homeless shelter within a 100-mile radius, serving men, women, children, families, and vets.
The "Worst Day of the Year" bike ride, a 10-mile loop, is Sunday, February 24, from 10 am to 2 pm, setting out from the Redland's Dos Hombres. Rain, snow, white-out, sun, blizzard... the ride goes on. Come ride!
Registration fee is $25 adults and $15 kids.
Register now at 254-FUNN or at email@example.com.