This is Where You Can Recycle Child Car Seats in Colorado
Did you know children use an average of three car seats before moving to a standard seat belt? Reusing a car seat can be an option to reduce waste and save costs.
Please keep children safe by recycling the seat. Here's a long list of places in Colorado where you can recycle your old car seats.
First Things First
You've probably heard this before, but according to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA), three out of every four car seats are installed incorrectly. Like the Colorado Department of Transportation says via their official webpage, "Using a car seat correctly is hard enough – don’t compromise your child’s safety even further by using an expired or damaged car seat."
A Few Things to Remember
Here are a few things to remember when it comes to your child's car seat:
- Recycle your seat for free at any Car Seats Colorado drop-off location
- A modern, intact car seat is a child's best protection in a crash
- Never reuse a car seat involved n a crash
- Car seats weaken over time from exposure to high-altitude sun and temperature extremes
- Be on the lookout for recalled seats. They can be found in abundance. At present, there are more than 50 recalled car seat models listed on the NHTSA website.
Places in Colorado to Recycle Your Child's Old Seat
The Colorado Department of Transportation offers this list of locations all over Colorado where you can recycle your old seat.