Insane Inflatable 5K Participant Guide
|DATE:||May 10, 2014|
|TIME:||Registration opens at 8:00am, 1st wave at 9:00am|
|LOCATION:||Country Jam USA, 1065 Old US Hwy 6 & 50, Mack, CO 81525 (MAP)|
- Arrive ONE HOUR before your wave time to ensure you have enough time to park, check in at the Registration Tent, get your bib, check your bag at our Bag Check Tent, and head to the Start Line.
- Bring cash – you’ll need cash for parking ($10.00)
- Credit card purchases will be possible for onsite day-of & Junior Bouncer registration, food/beverage & merchandise.
- Bring your Driver’s License/State ID. You will not be allowed to pick up your bib without it!
- If you registered with a military discount, please bring your military ID.
- Please wear appropriate clothing/footwear to get you through the race. Shoes are ok on the inflatable obstacles.
- You may bring a lawn chair or blanket. You may not bring weapons, drugs, coolers, or outside alcohol, food or beverage.
PACKET PICK-UP (Must show ID)
|DATE:||Friday, May 9, 2014|
|TIME:||3:00pm - 7:00pm|
|LOCATION:||Sports Authority: 2424 Highway 6 & 50, Grand Junction, CO 81505 (MAP)|
|(All times subject to change as weather or other factors may require)|
9:00am - Wave #1
9:30am - Wave #2
10:00am - Wave #3
10:15am - Junior Bouncers Wave #1
10:30am - Wave #4
11:00am - Wave #5 (Wave benefitting the John McConnell Math & Science Center)
11:30am - Wave #6
12:00pm - Wave #7
12:15pm - Junior Bouncers Wave #2
2:00pm - Event Closes
- Parking is $10 per car and is cash only.
- The attendant will collect payment and guide you to the appropriate parking lot and space.
- Please lock your vehicle.
- When you arrive, check in at the Registration Tent. The tent will be clearly marked with signage prior to arrival.
- Registration begins at 8:00am.
- Plan to arrive at least one hour before your wave time. Don’t remember your wave time? You can resend yourself a confirmation email with this information. For assistance with your confirmation, please email us.
- Please bring your Driver’s License/State ID.
- Participants will check in at the “Registered Runners” area of the tent; this area will be separated alphabetically. Find the first letter of your last name, and proceed to that line.
- Once you check in, you will receive a race bib and directions on how to enter the Insane Midway
- Proceed to Bag Check if you have any belongings that you do not want to carry while you race.
- All runners will receive their T-shirt and water after completing the course.
- Complimentary Bag Check is provided for all runners at this event.
- You will find your bag tag located on the bottom of your participant bib. Separate this portion and attach to your bag with a safety pin when you drop items off at the Bag Check tent.
- The Insane Inflatable 5k is not responsible for lost or stolen items. You will be within walking distance of the parking lot, so you may wish to keep valuables locked in your car.
YOUR WAVE START TIME
- Each participant should know his or her start time prior to race-day. If you do not know your wave time, you can resend yourself a confirmation email with this information. For assistance with your confirmation, please email us.
- Participants should arrive at least one hour prior to their wave time.
- Participants should line up in the Starting Line coral 10 minutes before their wave time.
- All will receive a race bib to be worn in the front while running.
THE FINISH LINE
- Upon completion of the race an Insane Inflatable 5k Team Member or volunteer will meet you at the Finish Line.
- You will then receive your Finisher’s T-shirt and water.
- All Participants must have an Insane Inflatable 5k bib pinned to the FRONT of their clothing to start the race.
- Alcohol may not be consumed prior to running the race.
- Participants must line up 10 minutes prior to wave time, and you must run the wave you selected at registration.
- You may skip an obstacle if it’s too tough.
SAFETY & EMERGENCY NEEDS
- All participants acknowledge that participation in the Insane Inflatable 5k contains inherent risks and dangers. All participants must carefully read and sign the waiver during the registration process.
- If you feel you cannot safely complete an obstacle, you should skip it and go around it.
- In the event of an emergency requiring course evacuation, please follow all instructions given by Insane Inflatable5k Staff or Volunteers, Emergency Medical Personnel or Law Enforcement Officers.
- If you experience or witness an emergency situation while on the course, please immediately seek out an Insane Inflatable 5k team Member (T-shirts marked “STAFF” or “VOLUNTEER” on the back). Staff and many volunteers will have radios and will provide quick assistance as needed.
- Spectators may enter the event for free.
- Spectators get full access to the games, challenges and experiences on the Insane Midway, and are invited to view many areas of the course in designated Spectator Viewing Areas.
- Spectators must follow the same rules as runners: You may bring a lawn chair or blanket. You may not bring weapons, drugs, coolers, outside alcohol, food or beverage.
WANT TO VOLUNTEER?
- Customized Insane Volunteer Crew t-shirt.
- Lunch and snacks to keep you energized.
- Access to the Insane Midway full of games, music and food.
- More fun than anyone should have volunteering!
- The Junior Bouncer Course is a half-mile course with smaller obstacles for those aged 6-11, and the fee to participate is $20. Tickets will be available onsite at the Registration Tent. Participants get a T-shirt. Race times are 10:15am and 12:15pm – please line up at the Adult's Starting Line 10 minutes prior.
- There will be port-a-potties onsite.
- Food can be purchased in the Insane Midway through our selected food vendors. Cash or credit will be accepted.
- Beer may also be purchased by participants 21 years of age and older – PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY.
- We will award the team with the most members the Largest Team Award. The largest team will receive a digital team photo and will be immortalized on our Facebook & Twitter page.
The Insane Inflatable 5k has partnered with Oz Sports Photography to photograph you as you make your way through the course. Please make sure your bib is properly pinned on the front of your shirt to maximize the number of photos taken of you. You will need to know your bib number in order to search for photos taken of you on event day. All bibs must be worn on the front in order to purchase a photography package. Oz Sports is offering a great pre-event package deal for all participants:
- For just $25 per person, you will receive unlimited digital downloads of all of your images from the event. You will receive an email with a link to a private online gallery five days after the event, from which you can download, print, email and share your photos as often as you like.
- This special offer is 45% off the post-race price and can only be purchased online until Tuesday (11:59p EST) after the event on their official website.