Fort Collins Police Arrest 24-Year-Old Man for Purse Theft Spree
Fort Collins Police recently arrested a 24-year-old Fort Collins man, after their investigation determined he was responsible for a series of purse thefts that occurred during May and June of 2021.
According to police, in each of these incidents, the suspect stole the victim's purse from a grocery store shopping cart. He would often then use the stolen financial devices to make fraudulent purchases.
Police identified the suspect as Sai Kruger, and he was taken into custody on the afternoon of Monday, July 5. Kruger now faces charges for fourteen incidents, seven of which involved an at-risk victim over the age of 75. These charges include:
- Theft (class 3 misdemeanor)
- Theft – 2 counts (class 1 misdemeanor)
- Theft from a person – 3 counts (class 5 felony)
- Theft, Crimes against an at-risk person – 3 counts (class 5 felony)
- Theft, Crimes against an at-risk person – 4 counts (class 3 felony)
- Identity theft – 8 counts (class 4 felony)
- Criminal possession of a financial device (class 5 felony)
- Criminal possession of an identification document (class 6 felony)
Kruger remains in custody in the Larimer County Jail
The investigation remains ongoing and additional charges are pending. Anyone who has information about this suspect, or about unreported purse thefts of this nature, should contact Detective Dustin Wier at 970-221-6895. People who wish to remain anonymous may also contact Crime Stoppers of Larimer County at 970-221-6868.