Alleged Accidental Ingestion of Banned Substances Disqualifies U.S. Olympic Competitor
U.S. Olympic Judo competitor Nicholas Delpopolo was booted from the Olympics after he came up positive for marijuana. Delpopolo blamed the positive result of the banned substance on accidentally eating food that was made with marijuana before leaving for London. The 23-year-old didn't cost the U.S. a medal and was disqualified from competition after he finished seventh. Delpopolo said, "My positive test was caused by my inadvertent consumption of food that I did not realize had been baked with marijuana, before I left for the Olympic Games." He apologized to the Olympic Committee, his teammates and to his fans saying he was embarrassed by his mistake. Adding he looks forward to representing the U.S. in the future. Nicholas unfortunately will have to wait to the future do to someone not disclosing all of the ingredients they cook with to him. The man who has the most medals in Olympic history, Michael Phelps, battled his own controversy with his face in a bong after the 2008 Olympics in Beijing.