5 Reasons Why You Dare Not Miss This GJ Christmas Concert
The Western Colorado Jazz Orchestra will host their annual Christmas concert, "A Swingin' Holiday," this Thursday. You dare not miss this show. Here are five reasons why.
Are you ready to get into the Christmas spirit in style? How about a 16-piece Big Band cranking out some of your holiday favorites? This once-a-year show is coming to Warehouse 2565 Kitchen + Bar this Thursday night (December 19) at 7:30 p.m.
Check out the video at the top. That's from the WCJO's Christmas Concert a few years back at the Avalon. I whipped out my dumbphone and shot a little video. A ton of work goes into this presentation. Between sound, staging, lighting, and instruments, several hours go into stage setup and soundcheck. That, of course, does not include the weeks of rehearsal leading up to the show.
When it was all said and done, the WCJO puts on an excellent Christmas show. Once again, the band will forgo their usual concert attire in favor of their favorite "Ugly Sweaters."
Here are my top five reasons why you should attend:
- This is a prime-time act, playing excellent arrangements of your favorite Christmas tunes
- The WCJO is something of a 'who's who" of your favorite Western Colorado musicians
- The venue is perfect - music, dining, and your favorite cocktails. This makes for an incredible evening and/or date night
- This may be your only chance to hear some of these arrangements, performed by an authentic Big Band
- The show is very much in the Christmas spirit. These are excellent arrangements of your holiday favorites. How often do you get to hear a 16-piece band playing Christmas songs?
The WCJO has made something of a new home out of Warehouse 2565. This has proven to be a great room for the band. The seating is excellent, and with the availability of food and beverages, it makes for a perfect evening.
Please make plans to attend the show this Thursday night. Tickets are available at the Grand Junction Symphony Orchestra office.