Rob Zombie Statue Coming in Early 2018, Plus News on The Answer, Stone Free Festival + More
In addition to the big stories we covered today, Wire-to-Wire provides you with some of the other key rock and metal news items from Nov. 27, 2017:
- Rob Zombie is the latest rocker to get his own Knucklbonz Rock Iconz statue. Fittingly, only 1965 statues will be made, and the eight-inch tall statue will come with a certificate of authenticity. Watch a video here and get a closer look at the actual statue and place your pre-order ahead of the February / March 2018 ship date here.
- Cormac Neeson, frontman for Irish rockers The Answer, will release his first ever solo album White Feather in 2018. Neeson is heading to Nashville in January to start work on the disc. See his announcement here and listen to a demo version of a new song called "Whole Again" here.
- Scorpions and Megadeth will unite again onstage for the Stone Free festival in London on June 16 at the O2 Arena, while Yes will headline the June 17 date with Roger Hodgson, Joanne Shaw Taylor and more. For details on the festival, check here.
- Ola Englund of The Haunted and Feared has launched his own guitar company, Solar Guitars. "It has always been all about designing a modern, sleek and simply elegant guitar that is easy to play and sounding absolutely awesome with any gear or studio recording being thrown at me. I finally created what, for me, has become the ultimate songwriting and touring companion," he said. Get more details about the company here.
- Thunderpussy are making their return in 2018 and have shifted into high gear as the year winds down, issuing the West Side Story-inspired video for the devilish new track "Speed Queen." Watch it here.
- Motograter drummer Noah "Shark" Robertson has exited the band. The musician offered his exit statement here.
Loudwire Rock News