Red Fang Repping New Red Wine, Plus News on Septicflesh, Halestorm + More
In addition to the big stories we covered today, Wire-to-Wire provides you with some of the other key rock and metal news items from Jan. 3, 2018:
- Red Fang love their spirits. The band has teamed up with the Teutonic Wine Company to offer the new "Red Fang Red" wine, a blend of Pinot Noir, Tannat and Gewürztraminer. Drummer John Sherman says, "I’ve always wanted to make a Red Fang wine. To meet winemakers who also dig heavy music was a dream come true. The first time I went to Teutonic’s tasting room, they were playing Saxon on vinyl and I said to myself, ‘these are my people.’” The band will celebrate with Teutonic at a wine release party Jan. 13 in Portland, Ore. Ticketing details can be found here.
- Septicflesh have re-teamed with director Jon Simvonis for their new video for "Martyr," blending the band's music with Kendo (the way of the sword). "It is a battle of sword and spirit," state the band. "The ultimate goal of the fighter is to become superior to his own previous self." Watch the clip here.
- Coachella wasn't the only major festival announcement, as the Governor's Ball lineup was revealed as well. Much like Coachella, it was light on hard rock and metal with Jack White, the Gaslight Anthem performing The '59 Sound and The Struts offering the best options. To see the full lineup, check here.
- Halestorm's Lzzy Hale and Joe Hottinger will join East Side Gamblers, Aerosmith's Brad Whitford, Tyler Bryant, Skid Row's Rachel Bolan, producer Nick Raskulinecz and Kix's Jimmy Chalfant in playing a Jan. 6 benefit for Becky Tines at Nashville's Mercy Lounge. Proceeds from the show will go toward Tines' cancer treatment costs. Head here for ticketing details.
- Looks like you can add Skindred to the list of acts returning in 2018 with new music. The band just entered the studio to start tracking for their seventh studio album. Photo proof comes from this social media post.
- The trio of George Lynch, dUg Pinnick and Ray Luzier are back at it for a third KXM album. The band just returned to the studio, with social media updates giving you a glimpse (and listen) at recording. See here, here and here.
- Skinlab are back on the scene and the metallers have new music to support. Take a listen to "Dead Tomorrow" here and "End of Silence" here. Skinlab will also be hitting the road in late January for the "Brothers in Blood" tour with Pissing Razors and Shattered Sun. Get more details on those stops here.
Loudwire Rock News