Machine Head Unveil ‘Volatile’ New Song, Plus News on Thirty Seconds to Mars, Ice-T + More
- Crank it up. We're one day away from Machine Head's Catharsis album, but the band isn't done previewing material. They just unleashed a new lyric video for the chaotic new song "Volatile" that can be seen in the player above.
- Thirty Seconds to Mars have yet to reveal the title or release date of their fifth studio album, but there is new music to share. The band just issued the second single from the forthcoming disc, a track called "Dangerous Night," that can be heard via the platform of your choosing here.
- Did you know Body Count's Ice-T used to voice several popular cartoons? Well, not quite, but it is a great set-up for a good bit. Watch as Ice's voice turns up in The Magic School Bus, Arthur and Scooby-Doo as part of a humorous turn on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon right here.
- While there is no new System of a Down album to discuss, Serj Tankian has recently spent time with John Dolmayan in the studio. Tankian has reportedly laid down vocals on covers of David Bowie's "Starman" and Talking Heads' "Road to Nowhere" for a crowdfunded covers disc from Dolmayan's project These Grey Men. See a photo from the studio here.
- It's on! Kamelot have revealed an April 6 street date for their upcoming album The Shadow Theory. Thomas Youngblood says, '“The Shadow Theory album is a psychological journey through the complexity of the Human Mind. We are subjected to stimuli constantly through media, technology, social experiments and AI. Can we still be social creatures in the near future? The Shadow Theory is an album that is mixing many worlds, giving the listener an Escape within our own realities." Pre-orders are being taken here.
- Slash, Lemmy Kilmister, Ozzy Osbourne, Chad Smith, Jeff Goldblum and Jane Lynch appear in the new documentary #No Joke. The film centers on songwriter Andrew Cole who penned a song about bullying and attempted to garner support in the entertainment industry for spreading his message. His journey with the song and its message is captured in the film and a trailer can be seen here. For more about the film, check out its website.
- The Winery Dogs' Richie Kotzen has released a new video for his solo song, "The Damned." Check out the clip for the bluesy rocker here. Kotzen is spending time writing and working on songs he plans to release as singles, with "The Damned" being one of them.
- Crematory have circled April 13 on their calendar for the release of the Oblivion album, which will be released by Steamhammer/SPV. The group will also be touring Europe in late April and May. Dates can be seen here.
- Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow have released a new teaser for their forthcoming album, Memories in Rock II, which includes footage from their 2017 U.K. shows and a brand new studio song. Take a look here.
- Newcomers Hyvmine fire up the distortion and rock it out with their new song "Shogun." Take a look at the Brian Cox-directed video here. The band's debut disc, Earthquake, is currently available through iTunes.
- Night Verses have unleashed their new Copper Wasp EP, a teaser for their forthcoming album as an instrumental trio. Get a listen to the title track right here. And look for the band on tour with Intervals at these stops.
Loudwire Rock News