Shallow Reasons Why Grand Junction Won’t Date Someone
Ask anyone who's played the dating game and they'll tell you it can be an absolute nightmare. I asked Grand Junction, Colorado, "What's a shallow reason you wouldn't date someone?" Here's what you had to say.
There's a reason why it's called "dating." We each have our own shallow little hangups getting in the way. Most are admittedly silly. Regardless, we do have our reasons.
What Do We Mean By Shallow?
I specifically asked about "shallow reasons" we wouldn't date someone. Shallow typically refers to something of "little depth" or "not exhibiting serious thought."
Many replies fell within the "puts pineapple on pizza" or "doesn't like the Denver Broncos" category.
An Objection To The Post
One person on Facebook felt a strong objection to this question. She stated, "This is an attempt to obtain comments and likes at the expense of people who are probably already struggling enough."
Of course we are looking for comments. This is our way of striking up a conversation with those who follow our Facebook page. We're having fun while interacting with our audience. Not long ago we asked, "What three toppings do you put on a hot dog?" As it turns out, hardly anyone uses ketchup on a hot dog. Our post was not an attack on the ketchup industry, any particular brand, or for that matter, tomatoes.
Shallow Reasons Why People Wouldn't Date Someone
The website Minq shared a list, "13 People Share The Shallowest Reason They Wouldn't Date Somone." Examples include:
- I started seeing this girl, and she had a gap between her two front teeth.
- I dated a girl who consistently smelled like pancakes. At first, it was cool, I love pancakes anyways. But after a couple of dates, the smell started to get to me.
- If they don’t have messy hair at least 10% of the time in public. I just like messy hair, OK?!
- All right, this is going to sound ridiculous, but complimenting me every two seconds always puts me off.
- Literally just turned a girl down because of this. She is always in 100% happy mode.
- I wouldn’t date someone funnier than me. I gotta be the funny one.