Grand Junction Man Arrested on Kidnapping, Other Charges
39-year-old Erik Craig has been arrested on multiple charges including kidnapping, sexual assault on a child and failure to register as a sex offender.
The arrest and the charges come from a 2019 incident Craig had with a juvenile.
Craig is being held without bond pending his first appearance in Mesa County Court and has charges facing him that include:
- -Failure to register as a Sex Offender (Class 6 Felony)
- -2nd Degree Kidnapping (Class 2 Felony)
- -Sexual Assault on a Child (Class 4 Felony)
- -Sexual Assault on a Child- Pattern of Abuse (Class 3 Felony)
- -Obscenity (Class 6 Felony)
- -Enticement of a Child, with previous conviction (Class 3 Felony)
Jail terms for charges such as these vary from 18 months in prison and a fine of up to $100,000 for a class 6 felony to up to 24 years and a fine of up to $1,000,000 or both for a class two felony.
His first court appearance has not been announced by Mesa County Court at this time.
Enter your number to get our free mobile app