Fruita Summer Concert Series Features Santana Tribute Band ‘Soul Sacrifice’
The free Fruita Summer Concert Series continues tonight (July 9) with a special appearance by 'Soul Sacrifice' playing music made famous by 'Santana' and other amazing Latin-infused rock music.
'Soul Sacrifice Band, a tribute to Santana is is a Colorado band named after the legendary group's incredible instrumental of the same name. The song is memorable because it was performed by 'Santana' at Woodstock.
According to information provided by Fruita Community Center Activities and Special Event Coordinator, Angie Ballageer,
With great passion and precision, Soul Sacrifice faithfully recreates the music of the legendary band Santana. Featuring burning renditions of Latin-infused rock classics such as Oye Como Va, Black Magic Woman, Jingo lo ba and Soul Sacrifice; plus breathtaking delivery of guitar ballads…”
The show begins at 7:30 p.m. on the Pavilion Stage at Fruita Civic Center Park, 325 East Aspen Avenue. Bring blankets or a lawn chair and enjoy this incredible free show.
Other shows scheduled for the summer include;
- Bicycle Annie - Great 90's alternative music with their own special twist. (July 16)
- Clenson-Dunn-Wright - Popular folk rock songs that will have you singing and swaying along. (July 23)
- Flat Top Reed - This perennial family favorite plays a combination of blues, roots Country and Rock. (July 30)
- Desert Moon - Their blend of country and rock is feel good fun. (August 6)
- Finnders and Youngberg - Dance the night away with this group's blend of bluegrass, country swing and honky-tonk. (August 13)
Head to the park early with a picnic dinner, or better yet, enjoy a great meal at one of the nearby restaurants. Most are within walking distance of the park. Many offer take-out if you want to eat at the park but don't want bring your own food.
This is a family event, so soft drinks are the preferred beverage. If you have to have a cold one, 3.2% malt beverages in a can are permitted.