Concealed Handgun Permit Application By Appointment Only
NOTE: The information below is accurate at this time. However, changes will be taking place on Monday, February 22, 2021, at which time the application process will go online. The information will be updated on February 22 when the MCSO press release becomes available.
Starting February 22, 2021, the Mesa County Sheriff's Office will accept Concealed Handgun Permit applications online.
As of February 22, applying for a CHP can no longer be done on a walk-in basis. According to the Mesa County Sheriff's Office Facebook post, this change will reduce long wait times and allow the department to offer better customer service.
The Mesa County Sheriff's Office webpage states a new online service will be available to schedule appointments, submit applications, and make payments.
Here are a few things to remember when submitting your application:
- Fees are non-refundable
- The fee for a new application is $102.50
- The fee for a renewal application is $48
- You'll be charged a late fee of $15 when applying for a renewal application if the permit is expired less than six months
- If your permit is expired, you may no longer carry concealed
- If your permit has been expired for more than six months, you'll need to apply for a new permit
The world is changing. More and more things are moving online. With any luck, these changes will help speed up the process. Please remember, Concealed Handgun Permit Applications must be submitted to the county sheriff's office where you live, own property, or own a business.