You’re Never Too Far Away from a Ski Resort in Colorado
When people think of Colorado, they think of skiing and snowboarding. They're not wrong, really. You're never too far away from killer snow when in the Centennial State. We've taken the time to break out each ski resort in every Colorado county.
Colorado Ski Resorts
One thing that Colorado is well-known for is its many ski resorts and there are a total of 28 in the state. From ritzy-glitzy "big-box ski resorts," to the small family-run resorts, you'll be sure to find something that will fit your style.
Colorado's Total Skiable Acres
Colorado offers skiing and snowboarding for everyone. From easy-peasy beginner runs to the steepest of steep runs for the pros. You can find a run perfect for you on the whopping 43,931 total skiable acres in the state.
Colorado's Total Vertical Feet
Luckily for ski and snowboard enthusiasts, Colorado has plenty of vertical feet to make for excellent skiing in our many ski resorts. In fact, Colorado has a total of 64,567 vertical feet.
Total Feet of Annual Snow in Colorado
You can't have a ski resort, or in Colorado's case 28 ski resorts, without snow. Luckily, Colorado gets plenty of it, 658.75 feet annually to be exact.
Ski Resorts By County
These are the 16 Colorado counties with ski resorts:
- Eldora Mountain Resort
- The only ski resort in Boulder County is Eldora Mountain Resort, located at 2861 Eldora Ski Road, Nederland, CO 80466.
- Monarch Mountain
- Colorado's Chaffee County only has one ski resort and it's the popular Monarch ski resort located at 23715 US-50, Salida, CO 81201.
Clear Creek County
- Loveland Ski Area
- Loveland Ski Area is located not in the town of Loveland, but rather technically in Dillon immediately off of I-70.
- Echo Mountain
- Echo Mountain is also located in Clear Creek County at 19285 CO-103, Idaho Springs, CO 80452.
- Beaver Creek Resort
- Beaver Creek Resort is located just outside of Avon, Colorado in Eagle County at 210 Beaver Creek Plaza, Beaver Creek, CO 81620.
- Vail Resort
- One of the most popular ski resorts in the world is located right in Eagle County at that is Vail Resort.
- Ski Cooper
- Ski Cooper is located in both Eagle and Lake Counties at 232 County Road 29, Leadville, CO 80461
- Sunlight Mountain
- Sunlight Mountain is the only ski resort in Garfield County and can be found at 10901 County Road 117, Glenwood Springs, CO 81601.
- Winter Park
- The popular ski resort Winter Park is located in Grand County at 85 Parsenn Road, Winter Park, CO 80482.
- Ski Granby Ranch
- Also in Grand County is Ski Granby Ranch, located at 1000 Village Road, Granby, CO 80446.
- Crested Butte Mountain Resort
- The only ski resort located in Gunnison County is Crested Butte Mountain Resort at 12 Snowmass Road, Crested Butte, CO 81225.
- Ski Cooper
- Only one ski resort is located in Lake County and it is Ski Cooper at 232 County Road 29, Leadville, CO 80461. The ski resort is also located in Eagle County.
La Plata County
- Ski Hesperus
- Ski Hesperus is located in La Plata County at 9848 Highway US 160, Hesperus, CO 81326.
- Purgatory Resort
- Another ski area in La Plata County is Purgatory Resort located at 1 Skier Place, Durango, CO 81301.
- Powderhorn Resort
- The only ski area located in Mesa County is Powderhorn Resort at 48338 Powderhorn Drive, Mesa, CO 81643.
- Wolf Creek
- The only ski resort in Mineral County is Wolf Creek located at E. Hwy 160 E, Pagosa Springs, CO 81147.
- The biggest and most popular ski resort in Pitkin County is the world-famous Aspen.
- Aspen Snowmass is, of course, also located in Pitkin County at 120 Lower Carriage Way, Snowmass Village, CO 81615.
- Aspen Highlands
- Another Pitkin County ski resort is Aspen Highlands located at 199 Prospector Road, Aspen, CO 81611.
- The last of the Aspen ski resorts in Pitkin County is Buttermilk, located at 38700 CO 82, Aspen, CO 81611.
- Steamboat is a very popular ski resort, especially among locals, and is located at 2305 Mt. Werner Circle, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487.
- Howelsen Hill Ski Area
- Also located in Routt County and Steamboat Springs is Howelsen Hill Ski Area which you can find at Howelsen Parkway, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487.
San Juan County
- Silverton Mountain
- San Juan County is home to Silverton Mountain located at 6226 State Hwy 110, Silverton, CO 81433.
- Kendall Mountain Recreational Area
- Kendall Mountain Recreational Area is also located in San Juan County at 1 Kendall Place, Silverton, CO 81433.
San Miguel County
- Telluride Ski Resort
- While San Miguel County only has one ski area it's a very popular one with Telluride, located at 565 Mountain Village Blvd., Telluride, CO 81435.
- Arapahoe Basin
- Summit County is home to a few popular ski resorts including Arapahoe Basin at 28194 US-6, Dillon, CO 80435.
- Copper Mountain Resort
- Copper Mountain Resort is also in Summit County at 102 Wheeler Pl., Frisco, CO 80443.
- Keystone Resort
- Another popular ski resort in Summit County is Keystone, located at 100 Dercum Sq., Keystone, CO 80435.
- Breckenridge Resort
- Finally, the last ski resort in Summit County is Breckenridge which is located at 1599 Ski Hill Road, Breckenridge, CO 80424.
Where Are Colorado's Ski Resorts?
Here we have for you each Colorado ski resort's location and a bonus of trail maps to go along with them so that you know what you're getting yourself into: