Colorado Town Makes List of Safest and Most Charming in America
A community in Colorado has been named not only one of the safest but one of the most charming "towns and cities" in America.
The website Must See Places published a prestigious list of "11 Small Towns and Cities in The US That Are Safe AND Charming." One city making the list can be found in Jefferson County, with a small portion of its area extending into Adams County, Colorado.
Picture-Perfect Normal Rockwell Communities
The website Must See Places put together a fun list of "... 11 small towns that capture that nostalgic feeling, and their nearly non-existent crime rates are the cherry on top."
Some of the towns/cities making the list include:
- Irvine, California - population 217,528
- Arlington, Virginia - population 232,965
- Bellvue, Washing - population 124,283
- Gilbert, Arizona - population 273,136
- Fremont, California - population 230,504
- Plano, Texas - population 288,253
- Normal, Oklahoma - population 112,000
- Scottsdale, Arizona - population 242,753
- Virginia Beach, Virginia - population 457,672
- Round Rock, Texas - population 101,989
Colorado Makes The List of Safest and Most Charming Towns
Making the list would be Colorado's very own Arvada, with a population of 124,402. Why Arvada? According to Must See Places, last year Arvada saw a total of only 77 violent crimes in the city. They even make mention of Arvada's police department's use of all-wheel drive Police Interceptor Utility Vehicles.
Facts and Figures For Arvada, Colorado
Google reports the city of Arvada rests at 5,344 feet and occupies a total of 39.57 square miles.
With a population of over 124,000 people, Arvada is anything but a small town. In reality, it's the 7th largest community in Colorado and the 229th-largest in the United States.
According to Wikipedia, Arvada's average temperatures for November are a high of 55 and a low of 25. January is the coldest month with an average high of 45 and a low of 16.
Things To Do In Arvada, Colorado
Trip Advisor offers a number of suggestions of fun things to do in Arvada/c, Colorado. Their list includes:
- Cussler Museum, at the moment temporarily closed a collection of vintage automobiles.
- Arvada Center for the Arts & Humanities, offers concerts, plays, and art, dance, and music workshops.
- Two Ponds National Wildlife Refuge, is the smallest national wildlife refuge operated by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
- Numerous wineries, distilleries, and breweries.
Are These Really Small Towns?
The website specifical states, "...let's look at 11 of the safest small towns and cities in the U.S." Looking at the list above, you'll notice the smallest population mentioned would be Round Rock, Texas, with a population of 101,989.
Congratulations are in order for Arvada, Colorado. It's an honor to be ranked as one of America's "safest" small cities, towns, or whatever. It's a feather in anyone's cap to be regarded as one of the most "charming."