2 News Jobs With the City of GJ – 1 Paying Close to 10K per Month
Are you looking for a new gig? The City of Grand Junction is always hiring, and right now, they have a couple of brand new job openings. One of these opportunities pays close to $10,000 a month.
Are you in need of employment? Maybe your already employed but finding yourself increasingly disenchanted with your current situation. Hey, it never hurts to look. Here are two brand new job listings with the City of Grand Junction. One of these was just posted as of yesterday (June 16).
Engineering Manager$8,938.80 - $9,869.60 Monthly
What would a person do with $9,869.60 a month? You could buy your own planet. It's not often we see mention of salaries such as this here in the valley. So, what exactly is an Engineering Manager? According to the City of Grand Junction's official webpage:
The City of Grand Junction is searching for an experienced Engineering Manager who has a record of project delivery success working with a variety of agencies including CDOT, utilities, and local government. If you value a positive work environment, team-orientation, efficiency, and communication, we encourage you to apply.
What about qualifications? The skills required for this job aren't quite as numerous as you might think.
- Excellent communication skills including effective writing and oral presentation skills
- Ability to take initiative and follow through on detailed projects in a timely manner
- A team player that can maintain effective interpersonal relationships with staff, other departments, other agencies, and the public
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in civil engineering or a related field
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, registration as a
- Professional Engineer in the State of Colorado
- Five years of professional civil engineering experience with a municipality or other local government agency, including two years of administrative and supervisory responsibility is preferred
Seasonal Parks Maintenance Worker$12.95 - $14.99 Hourly
This is right up my ally. Imagine daily duties such as trail maintenance, vegetation management, forestry maintenance, and taking care of sports facilities. You probably asked yourself, "What is vegetation management?" I had to ask the same thing. The job pretty much breaks down to this:
- Tree trimming and removals
- Turf mowing and trimming
- Weed control
- Event staffing
- Facility maintenance
- Ornamental plant maintenance
This sounds like a fun job. You'll have to enjoy multitasking, but that's not a bad thing. Qualifications include:
- Experience with yard maintenance tools and equipment is preferred
- Valid driver's license
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, as required