Wreaths Needed For Veteran’s Day
As soon as this story was brought to my attention I wanted to share it with you. These beautiful, and tax-deductible, wreaths are only $15.00 each. You can purchase them online at www.fortloganhonor.com. CEO/Founder of Senior Veterans, Inc., David Bolser, explains. “The wreaths are handcrafted by a Maine non-profit, Wreaths Across America. They are shipped to over 1,100 cemeteries throughout the U.S. by volunteer trucking companies. When the wreaths arrive at the cemeteries, thousands of volunteers place them on the graves."
What a great way for anyone to show their support. If you don't have a family member you would like to honor locally, you can support the statewide effort at Fort Logan National Cemetery.
If you do have a loved one at Veteran's Memorial Cemetery in Grand Junction and would like to order a wreath, here's what to do.
- Go to www.wreathsacrossamerica.org and click on the green DONATE button.
- Click on the icon that says, "Sponsor a wreath at my local cemetery." and that will bring you to a map of the US. Hover over the area by Grand Junction (DeBeque) is next to it.
- You will know you are in the right area when you see the name of the cemetery and the code: COVMGJ
- Click on that and you will see a drop down box that lists the number of wreaths you wish to sponsor. (You don't have to do 5, you can do just one.) The wreaths are now designated for that cemetery and no other.
- Pay for the wreaths either through credit or debit on the secured site. The donor will get a receipt from WAA with WAA's EIN # for tax purposes.
The story of Wreaths Across America can be seen on the site, www.fortloganhonor.com. It's an amazing story, narrated by Chris Wallace of FOX News Sunday, as he shares the mission of Wreaths Across America. Please take the time and consider giving this Veteran's Day.