Weekend Events For June 28-30
If you’re looking for something to do this weekend, several options are available, many of which are good for the entire family.
Here’s what’s going on today (Friday):
- Glade Park Movie Under the Stars will feature the movie “Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey.” Movie Under the Stars is a major fundraiser for the Glade Park Volunteer Fire Department. Concession stand opens at 5:30 p.m., grill opens at 6:00 p.m., live entertainment begins at 7:00 p.m., and movie begins at dusk.
- If you’re a baseball fan, then you might enjoy heading to Suplizio Field this evening to watch the Grand Junction Rockies as they take on Orem at 7:05 p.m.
- For music fans, Kathryn Mientka will perform a piano concert at 7:30 p.m. at First United Methodist Church, 522 White Avenue in Grand Junction. All seats are reserved and start at $9 in advance and $12 at the door. Piano students and piano teachers will be admitted free at the door. Advance tickets can be purchased at Roper Music in Grand Junction, Paonia Farm and Home in Paonia, and the Montrose Pavilion in Montrose.
Events going on Saturday:
- Century Link is hosting an Out of This World Carnival from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at Century Link’s parking lot, 800 Main Street in Grand Junction. Activities include a yard sale, dunk tank, bump-n-jump, a bake sale, a DJ, vendors and more. Proceeds from the event will go towards the Mesa County United Way.
- Fruita Farmers Market takes place from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on the Civic Center lawn in Fruita (weather and crops permitting).
- The Youth Theater Project will present Disney’s “Jungle Book Kids” at 10:00 a.m. at Sherwood Park in Grand Junction. Tickets are $5 (children under 5 are free).
- Extreme Promotions will present a Super Cross Show at the Mesa County Fairgrounds Grandstands, 2785 U.S. Highway 50 in Grand Junction. Gates open at 4:30 p.m. and show begins at 6:00 p.m. Advance tickets are $14 for adults and $11 for children ages 6 to 12. Tickets are $2 more at the gate. Advance tickets can be purchased at Harley-Davidson and All Terrain Vehicles.
- Grand Junction Rockies continue their series with Orem at Suplizio Field. Saturday’s game begins at 7:05 p.m.
- A drag racing event will take place at 7:00 p.m. at the Western Colorado Dragway, 115 32 Road in Grand Junction. Admission is $10 (kids under age 12 are free).
- As part of the Grand River Vineyards Summer Series, the Frank Bregar Orchestra with Krystyn Hartman will perform in concert at 7:30 p.m. at Wine Country Inn Courtyard, 777 Grande River Drive in Palisade. Proceeds from this concert will benefit the West Slope Food Bank of the Rockies. Tickets are available at Fishers Liquor Barn, Roper Music, and Grande River Vineyards.
Sunday’s events include the following:
- Palisade Sunday Market will be from 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. at 3RD and Main in Palisade.
- Grand Junction Rockies continue their series with Orem at Suplizio Field. Sunday’s game begins at 4:00 p.m.
Have a fun weekend!