Two Juveniles Busted In Mesa County Crime Spree
The Mesa County Sheriff's Office reports deputies have arrested two juveniles suspected of involvment in a crime spree including burglary and menacing with a deadly weapon.
Deputies in the Rural Area unit encountered Tyrone Gibson, 17, and Caleb Neil, 16, both from Grand Junction, on Highway 65 at the DeBeque cuttoff.
The white SUV they were located with had been reported stolen from Fruita. A Ruger .357 Magnum handgun and a Marlin model 917vs 17HMR rifle were located inside the vehicle.
Both juveniles have been charged with:
- Two counts of 2nd degree burglary
Once count each of:
- Menacing with a deadly weapon
- Possession of a handgun by a juvenile
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- 1st degree trespass of an automobile
- Theft from an auto
Both suspects have been screened into the Grand Mesa Youth Detention Center.