Grand Junction’s Zolopht Breaking Through
I've been in radio for nearly 30 years. In that stretch of time, I've seen hundreds of bands and countless shows. After all that excessive music consumption, I have developed a keen ear when it comes to musical talent. After hearing a couple songs I can tell you if a band has what it takes to break through. Zolopht is one of those bands.
Established in 2009, Zolopht has become a premier act in the Colorado music scene. Loosely described as psychedelic reggae-rock, Zolopht has an entirely unique sound that is as catchy as it is progressive.
Lovingly crafted music and rigorous touring have provided the band diehard fans around the country and beyond. Zolopht has shared the stage with artists such as The Wailers, Robert Randolph and the Family Band, Dirty Heads, Tribal Seeds, Passafire, Ballyhoo! and Katchafire. Later this month the boys will take to the road once again heading to the east coast and back across the midwest.
- March 30th - KAFM Radio Room - Grand Junction, CO
- March 31st - Ute Theater - Rifle, CO
- April 1st - Historic Brown - Breckenridge, CO
- April 2nd - Jackpot Music Hall - Lawrence, KS
- April 3rd - Bootleg at Atomic Cowboy - St. Louis, MO
- April 5th - Woodlands Tavern - Columbus, OH
- April 8th - Rockwood Music Hall - New York, NY
- April 10th - Jewel - Manchester, NH
- April 11th - Sidebar - Burlington, VT
- April 12th - Nietzsche's - Buffalo, NY
- April 13th - Wilbert's - Cleveland, OH
- April 14th - Be Here Now - Muncie, IN
- April 15th - Ignition Music - Goshen, IN
- April 17th - Vaudeville Mews - Des Moines, IA
With two full-length studio efforts albums under their belt and a third on the way, Zolopht has gained an unstoppable momentum. There is no question this band is on the brink of greatness. Do yourself a favor and get acquainted with this band. Some day you can brag to your friends "I knew those guys back before they made it big" because they will.