A man in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania who took another man hostage was busy updating his Facebook status during the hostage situation.

Even more proof the world revolves around Facebook came about when a man was taken hostage Friday and the 22 year old suspect Klein Michael Thaxton kept police up-to-date on the situation via his Facebook status.

During the hostage situation on the 16th floor of an office building police had an interesting situation; send in the robot to provide video of the situation and storming the building weren't the first things on their minds, it was do we have Facebook shut down his page. The suspect took to Facebook for hours Friday as the situation unfolded.

As one would suspect not all of the messages from the outside world encouraged the suspect to give himself up peacefully. A Pittsburgh police spokesperson said, "People were sending Facebook messages. We could see that he was paying more attention to Facebook than to the negotiating team, which was hampering our abilities to resolve the situation."

Not only were the suspect's eyes glued to Facebook, the Pittsburgh police SWAT team kept an eye on his page for at least two hours. They then, with the help of the district attorney's office asked for the suspect's Facebook page to be shut down.

Richard said SWAT officers kept an eye on the Facebook page for at least two hours before making a joint decision with the district attorney to ask for the page to be shut down.

The suspect eventually ended the hostage situation peacefully and offered up remorse. Pittsburgh police said, "Mr. Thaxton has expressed remorse for what has happened. However, at this time we do not wish to speculate as to why this alleged incident occurred.," his attorneys said in a statement. "Moreover, we are unable to discuss his mental health history or the role that a mental health disorder may have played in this matter."

The former Army private has a previous record pleading guilty in January to robbery and related charges. He did some jail time for a few months and was transferred to an inpatient treatment program. Klein was arraigned over the weekend on Saturday with charges of aggravated assault, kidnapping and terrorist threats. He is being held on $1 million bail.