Colorado Hosting Olympic Qualifying Events
The Winter Olympics are set for early 2018. Many hopefuls are coming to Colorado to see if they've got what it takes to make it to the games.
Over the next couple of months, several Olympic qualifying events are scheduled for Copper Mountain, Breckenridge and Snowmass resorts. Some of the worlds best halfpipe, slopestyle, and big-air athletes will descend on Colorado with hopes of making the 2018 Team USA squad.
The three Colorado winter sports locations were chosen for their rich history and outstanding facilities. They've been hoasting Olympic qualifying events since halfpipe snowboarding first became an Olympic thing back in 1998. For winter sports fans here's your chance to witness some of the country's best in person. Make a plan, load up your crew, and head out and take in some of the awesome competition.
- Dec: 6: Halfpipe skiing qualification
- Dec. 7: Halfpipe snowboarding qualification
- Dec. 8: Halfpipe skiing finals; big air snowboarding qualification
- Dec. 9: Halfpipe snowboarding finals
- Dec. 10: Big air snowboarding finals
- Dec. 15: Slopestyle skiing and halfpipe snowboarding finals
- Dec. 16: Halfpipe skiing and slopestyle snowboarding finals
- Jan. 10: Halfpipe skiing and slopestyle snowboarding qualification
- Jan. 11: Slopestyle skiing and halfpipe snowboarding qualification
- Jan. 12: Halfpipe skiing and slopestyle snowboarding finals
- Jan. 13: Slopestyle skiing and halfpipe snowboarding finals
- Jan. 14: Slopestyle skiing qualification and finals
Credit: The Denver Post