4th of July Food Using Local Grand Valley Ingredients
The 4th of July means drinks, fireworks, family, and food. Here's a recipe using only ingredients from the Grand Valley.
I truly enjoy spending time with my family and friends, watching fireworks and eating some good food during the 4th of July. This is a refreshing recipe using local ingredients and is perfectly peachy.
Grand Valley Peach Salsa Recipe
All ingredients in this recipe can be found at the Grand Junction Farmer's Market and in stores around town. This serves about six people.
- 1 ear of Olathe corn
- I recommend grilling the corn to maximize the taste. Grill your ear of corn for about 2-3 minutes.
- 2-3 Peaches (depending on the size)
- Blanch peaches and then cool them in cold water then peel, pit and dice them.
- 2 Large Tomatoes or small tomatoes work too, you just need more
- Dice into whatever size you'd like, these will go in the blender next.
- Add all ingredients in a blender and blend to your size preference. I like mine a little chunky!
- Add to taste, this will help bring out the flavors in the salsa.
- Plus anything else! I don't really like onions too much, so personally, I would leave that out. Salt and pepper are always good, on pretty much everything. I love cilantro, lime and spicy peppers, like jalapenos or green chiles.