13 Grand Junction Studios to Visit for First Friday Art Walk
Art studios around Grand Junction invite you to participate in the next "First Friday Art Walk." These events are your chance to make the rounds to various studios and business in the downtown area and enjoy a wide variety of local talent.
It just so happens the first Friday in the month of July actually falls on the first day of the month. Numerous venues will stay open late July 1 so you and your friends can partake of the variety of eclectic art shows. Most venues will host their events beginning at 6 p.m., and most will continue until 9 p.m.
The list below includes local venues which typically host art shows. Please keep in mind, not every venue hosts a show every month.
- Pause Art Gallery, 543 Main Street (2nd floor)
- Colorado Mesa University Gallery, 437 Colorado Avenue. 970-248-1833
- Main Street Gallery, 412 Main Street 970-242-7666
- The Shade Tree, 618 Main Street 970-403-7194
- The Raw Canvas, 507 Main Street 970-985-9649
- Aspen Photo Gallery, 559 Main Street (next to & part of Main Street Bagels) 970-241-2740
- Oakley Gallery, 602 Main Street (inside Interiors, Etc) 970- 270-0303
- Colorado Canyons Gallery & Gifts, 623 Main Street 970-314-2054
- Uncanny Valley, 523 1/2 Main Street, room 12 (Second Floor) 970-260-9961
- Veterans Art Center/Operation Revamp, 307 S. 12th St (Corner of 12th & Ute) 970-462-3126
- The Front Porch Gallery, 339 Ute Ave
- Grand Valley Books, 350 Main Street 970-424-5437
- Art Bar Studio & Gallery, 205 Colorado 970-773-0063
If you would like to attend a reception highlighting some of the featured artists, make your way to The Art Center at 1803 North 7th Street on Friday.
Many of these showing include hors d'oeuvres and live music, and most are free. For more information, call the Art Center at 970-243-7337.